Wednesday 21 April 2010

You thought Twilight was over.

You were wrong.



Stephanie Meyer has returned in full glory with a novella detailing the life of 'Bree Tanner'. I cast back to the days when I dredged through page after page of the four book saga and honestly couldn't remember who the hell she was.

So I did a little research.

In a press release here by USA Today, it makes complete sense that I don't know who the hell this chick is. She was in the book for ten pages, and then died.

I suppose I shouldn't be so judgmental as it hasn't come out yet, but then again, have you read New Moon? Someone out there compared Stephanie Meyer's work to over-glorified fanfiction, and as a fanfiction writer myself, I take great offence to this. There are hundreds of fanfiction writers out there who write miles better than she does- take one look at Annie Christ's Amor Tutti Fa Uguali and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I've read sixth grade work more descriptive and original than hers.

However, I do admire the fact that a part of the proceeds are donated to the Red Cross. Given the hordes of twihards out there, there's probably going to be a pretty hefty donation.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just meant to drop by and let you know that I appreciate this. I abhor Stephanie Meyer's books on an incomprehensible level, and the moment I heard about this lovely new addition to her collection I couldn't help but facepalm.jpg, haha. Also, it was reassuring to be informed that I write better than most sixth graders. <3

    -Annie Christ

    ReplyDelete