Wednesday 26 May 2010

one of the best scenes in the entire world.

TOM
It's these greeting cards, Sir,
these cards, these movies, these
pop songs. They're responsible for
all the lies, the heartache,
everything! We're responsible!

[Everyone shifts in their seats.]

TOM
I think we do a bad thing here.
People should be able to say how
they feel, how they really feel,
without some strangers putting
words in their mouths. The truth. A
card is a nice thought but it
shouldn't do the dirty work for
you. You love someone, tell them
yourself, in your own words. Maybe
it's not love at all. Maybe there's
no such thing as love. Maybe
it's... "galoogoo."
(PAUSE)
Yeah I made it up, so what?!

[Tom gets up and walks to the door.]

TOM
It's all crap. We make and peddle
crap. And sometimes people believe
in this crap. I just can't do it
anymore, Mr. Vance. There's enough
bullshit in the world without my
help. I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment